Home Remodeling Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQs page is a compendium of questions we are frequently asked about the industry, the company, and the team. If you don’t see your question here, or if you’re ready to contact us, please click here to contact us directly.
- How do I get started?
– This is super easy! Give us a call, send us an email, or fill out our online request form. We’ll schedule a time that’s convenient for you and send a project manager out to your home to discuss your project. We will always get to this first meeting within a week of you first contacting us.
- Is there a fee for the first meeting?
– There is no fee for the first meeting, as its purpose is to get to know you and your needs, develop a preliminary budget, and discuss the overall feasibility of your project. All of our estimates are also provided at no cost.
- Is there a fee to prepare the price for my project?
– No. There is no fee for pricing your project. However, there may be a flat fee if prints or designs are required to develop the project outline clearly enough for accurate pricing. We’ll be able to tell whether this is needed or not at our first meeting with you.
- How quickly can you start my project?
– Our first visit to your home can always be scheduled within one week of your first contact. From that point, we will begin work on the design and pricing portions of your project immediately. The start of the construction phase of your project will be determined by the scope of the design necessary, and sometimes the selection of the various products for your home. We will provide you with a realistic time frame after our first meeting at your home.
- Where can I see examples of your work?
– We used to post pictures of our work on this website under the Photography section, but with more and more people switching to mobile devices that may not have wifi available at the time, we’ve now found it prudent to host all of our pictures only on our Facebook page. This saves our clients valuable time as well as data.
- Can I speak with past clients?
– Yes, we would be happy to provide you with the contact details of home owners who have had projects completed that are similar to what you are having done. Also, with a prior appointment we can arrange a visit to either a project under construction or a previously completed one!
- How long has McCann Custom Remodeling been in business?
– We were originally founded in 2002 under the name McCann & Son Builders. In early 2015, we decided to switch focus to custom renovations rather than new construction, and changed our name to McCann Custom Remodeling to reflect that focus.
- What is a fixed price contract?
– With a fixed price contract we will supply you with a price for your project and a set of specifications. Provided the project is built to the predetermined specifications, you will be charged only the amount of the contract. The amount you will pay for your project will be clear and realistic up front.
- Do you have your own employees or is all of your work completed by subs?
– The craftsmen that produce the carpentry related portions of your project are our own team of skilled professionals. Knowing that our team has undergone drug testing and background checks will make you feel safe and secure with them in your home. We would never trust your project to anyone but our professional staff.
- Can I get an insurance certificate?
– Of course. We will provide a copy of our general liability insurance, as well as a copy of our worker’s comp insurance upon request.
- Do I need to find an architect?
– For most projects, no you will not need an architect as all of our project managers are qualified both to design and construct your renovation. For some projects requiring oversight by a third party or upon request, we have a trusted architect that we have worked with for years that we will be more than happy to refer you to.